Offering Shelter and Support to Women and Children Fleeing Domestic Violence
Monarch Place Transition House is one of the programs of W.I.N.G.S. (Women in Need Gaining Strength) Fellowship Ministries.
Their mission statement is: “WINGS exists to provide women and children in need the opportunity to gain strength and to live according to their true worth.”
They offer shelter and support to women and children fleeing domestic violence.
Monarch Place Transition House:
- Is equipped to welcome 12 women and children at one time for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- Offers a safe and secure environment.
- Is staffed 24 hours per day by caring professionals trained to help women and children through crisis and transition.
- Is able to meet immediate needs of food, clothing, and shelter.
- Is a vital support through counselling, referrals to other agencies and networks in the community, life skills training, and advocacy assistance.
- Offers “The Butterfly Room”, a children’s program that provides a safe and caring atmosphere for children in the house.
- Is primarily funded by BC Housing.
- Prioritize service for women who are experiencing abuse in their intimate partner relationship and need to leave that home for safety reasons.
Their program can best deal with a woman who is currently in danger and needs immediate help.